What are the requirements for running scheduled tasks in Blue Prism?

• 0 Replies
QUESTION

What are the requirements for running scheduled tasks in Blue Prism? I think I have everything configured, and I can run a Process manually, but when I try to schedule the same Process it doesn't run at the scheduled date and time.

ANSWER

The Blue Prism Scheduler is a part of the Blue Prism Server. Processes are run from scheduled tasks that are assigned to a running Resource PC that is publicly available to all user accounts. The Resource PC sends the request to the Blue Prism Server for a published process to be scheduled. At the allotted date and time the task is triggered by the Blue Prism Server, and the processes are executed on the Resource PC.

NOTE: It is important when troubleshooting any issues with Schedules and Tasks that the Interactive Client is running on the Blue Prism Application Server, not on any other component.

REQUIREMENTS

The following criteria are required in order to enable a scheduled process to run:

1. The Process being scheduled must be published within Process Studio in order to make it publicly available to run

2. The machines that are intended to run the scheduled processes have been registered as Resource PCs using the "/public" switch in order to make them available to everyone (see Installation Guide section 3.4.5)

3. The schedules have been assigned to run on a Resource PC that:-

Is publicly available (i.e. any user account can interact with it),
    is currently running (blue icon in System Manager -> Resources)
    that the Blue Prism Server can communicate with (note: this can be tested using the PING command and specifying the Resource PC's short machine name).

4. The Resource PC is showing as ONLINE when viewed in Control Room when the Interactive Client is running on the Blue Prism Application Server machine.

5. The Blue Prism Server service is running on the Blue Prism Application Server

Alternatively the Server is running by having been manually started in interactive mode via the BPSERVER application.